Nebraska Big Game Society (NBGS) is a non profit 501(C)(3)organization whose Mission is to ensure the future of Big Game (Big Horn Sheep, Elk, Antelope, Mule and White Tail Deer) and their habitat in the state of Nebraska. NBGS operates exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. NBGS engages in activities to:
- Acquire habitat for Big Game conservation using partnerships.
- Through partnerships, help conduct biological planning to guide the development and location of habitat and big game species conservation.Increase funding available to partners for habitat conservation projects.
- Foster education that encourages adults and children to become active stewards of wildlife and their habitats
- Promote positive management practices of Nebraska natural resources
NBGS was approved as an Affiliate member of the Wild Sheep Foundation in 2015.
Board of Directors
Justin Hertzel – Director & President
Steve Hornady – Director
Craig D Hundt Sr. – Director & Treasurer
Jim King – Secretary
Yearly Spring Event
NBGS has a spring event every year in April to support big game programs within the state of Nebraska.
NBGS awards 100% of all proceeds from this event to support big game conservation and management in Nebraska.
NBGS gives 100% of the the proceeds from the live auction of the Nebraska Residnet Bull Elk tag to NGPC for Elk related programs in the State of Nebraska.
Live auction is open to all citizens of the State fo Nebraska. Bull Elk tag is for Residents only. Anyone is welcome to contact NBGS about calling in their auction bids. NBGS will assign a phone number to anyone wishing to bid on tag that is not present at the event.
If you are passionate about our mission to support big game and wildlife conservation in the state of Nebraska we’d like to have your support.
- NBGS is open to anyone wnating to be part of an organization developed to inhance conservation and further the growth fo big game in Nebraska.
- 100% of all proceeds from NBGS membership dues and donations go towards big game in Nebraska.
- Memberships are tax deductible contributions of $1000 per year, 100% of proceeds used for big game in Nebraska.
- All Meetings and Spring event are open to all groups and the general public. Please look at the event section of the webpage for costs associated with that event.
To begin serving Nebraska big game conservation today, click on the button below and complete the membership application.