Nebraska Big Game Society (NBGS) is a non-profit 501(C)(3)organization whose mission is to ensure the future of big game (Big Horn Sheep, Elk, Antelope, Mule and White Tail Deer) and their habitat in Nebraska. NBGS operates exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. NBGS engages in activities to:
- Acquire habitat for big game conservation using partnerships.
- Through partnerships, help conduct biological planning to guide the development and location of habitat and big game species conservation. Increase funding available to partners for habitat conservation projects.
- Foster education that encourages adults and children to become active stewards of wildlife and their habitats
- Promote positive management practices of Nebraska natural resources
NBGS was approved as an affiliate member of the Wild Sheep Foundation in 2015.
Board of Directors
Justin Hertzel – President
Jim King – Secretary
Craig D Hundt Sr. – Treasurer
Annual Meeting and Auction
NBGS holds an Annual Meeting and Auction every year in April. The live auction this year will feature a Nebraska Bull Elk Permit that is offered to either a resident or non-resident bidder. There will also be a Combination Permit for a resident or non-resident bidder that includes an Antelope, Deer and two Turkeys. Call-in bids will be allowed with pre-qualification.
If you are passionate about our mission to support big game and wildlife conservation in Nebraska we’d like you to join our efforts. Your tax deductible annual membership of $1,000 will grant you the following membership benefits.
- NBGS is open to anyone wanting to be part of an organization developed to enhance conservation and further the growth of big game in Nebraska.
- All donations and membership dues in NBGS go towards conservation efforts in Nebraska.
- The annual spring event is open to all groups and the general public.
To begin serving Nebraska big game conservation today, click on the button below and complete the membership application.